The Internet has become the largest medium of communication; and has presented a lot of business opportunities.
Online home based business owners tend to limit themselves to online marketing methods. Nevertheless, there is a huge potential to promote your home based business through some cost effective offline marketing strategies.
So what are the most effective offline marketing strategies for your home based business?
1. Word of mouth in your circle of influence Word of mouth is one of the best free advertising channels. We all have people we interact with on a daily basis, and these are potential customers. Make a list of all the people you know or interact with and how can you best tell them about your internet business. Be passionate about your internet business and always be prepared to tell someone about it when an opportunity to do so presents itself!
2. Mail-out newsletters and flyers Mail-out newsletter or flyers can be effective if you target it to a specific ‘group’. You could create one to distribute to local day care centers just as an example – and in your newsletter or flyer, highlight the benefits of an online business to the targeted group, for example earning money at home for stay at home moms or dads. Posting your home based business URL on bulletin boards can also be effective.
3. Use and give away free branded ‘stuff’ You can promote your business by having your URL on all your stationery, all written communication and other items you can give away for free. If you want to get a lot of people to know about your home based business, you will need to come up with some creative ways of promoting your URL. You can be limited only by your imagination. Have your business cards with your home based business URL. Give them out to people you meet, leave them about where you can, such as in your local coffee shop.
4. Newspapers and magazines Local newspapers are good for advertising your online business. Most local papers have ‘home business opportunities’ section, so you run a regular classified advert. In addition, contact your local newspaper or business-oriented magazine and let the business editor know you have a new business and web site and what you offer. Local newspapers are frequently interested in featuring local business people and their accomplishments. This is free advertising and should always be used. You can also contact your local magazine and offer to write a monthly or weekly guest column for them, and include your ‘author bio’ and home based business URL.
5. Joint ventures with offline business You can get into a joint venture partnership with an offline business which sells a complementary product or service to your home based business. If you can identify a partner that best fit your business, this is an important offline marketing strategy that can help you succeed in your home based business by enabling you to reach potential customers that you could not reach before. As an example, if you have a website selling fitness/health products or tips, you could prepare a leaflet and make a deal with an offline local fitness/health shop where they giveaway your leaflet to their shoppers with each purchase.
The offline marketing strategies strategies outlined above can help you grow your home based business.
As with all types of health insurance, it is highly advised to obtain several small business health insurance quotes. For the average small business owner, this process may seem a bit overwhelming. However, by utilizing the free services of online health insurance brokers, the process can be completed much more easily.
Indeed, perhaps the best place to start the process is on the Internet. Within a very short period of time, small business owners can access multiple quotes from several insurance companies, making comparison of different plans a lot easier.
Since small business group plans cover multiple individuals and families, the process for obtaining online health insurance quotes requires more information than quotes for individual plans; however, in terms of convenience and efficiency, nothing can compete with using the Internet for your small business health insurance needs.
Today, you can easily access dozens of online health insurance brokers. The broker that we highly recommend at our site has a staff of over 100 licensed agents that will work with you through the entire process – all at no cost to you.
Whether online or offline, the process of obtaining small business health insurance quotes is quite straightforward. First, you will need to provide some basic information such as your zip code, the date you want the plan to take effect, and the number of employees that require coverage, and company information such as the year in which it was created and line of business as designated by a Standard Industry Classification (SIC) code.
The next step in the process is to provide some employee information. This may vary from one site to another, but typically includes name, sex, and age, and employee dependent information.
The next step allows you to identify your plan requirements. Here you can specify deductibles, maternity benefits (or not), and add-ons such as dental and vision coverage. Of course, as you add benefits, you increase the cost of the policy.
At this point, you have essentially finished the application process and will soon be able to evaluate several small business health insurance quotes. Whether online or offline, the time period can vary, but it shouldn’t take more than one or two business days for an agent to get back to you.
Once you have your small business health insurance quotes, you can begin comparing the various plans by costs, deductible, and other features. This information is necessary if you want to obtain a good understanding of your small business health insurance choices and how they may, or may not, fit in with your budget.